Two major scientific studies found that our SEL programs improve students’ social and emotional competency, behavior, and sense of well-being; improve the classroom climate for learning; and increase academic performance for students with behavior challenges. Schools participating in our Restore360 program saw suspensions drop by 72% over three years. In an independent survey of teachers at three NYC public schools participating in Restore360:
- 100% said students were more committed to working out differences through talking.
- 100% said students were more likely to resolve disagreements without fighting.
- 94% said students were more collaborative during lessons.
- 93% said students were more likely to stand up for others.
- 81% said students were less likely to behave in ways that lead to detention or suspension.
- 75% said students treated each other with more respect.