Courageous Schools Conference: Save the date!
Our 5th annual social & emotional learning conference is coming up! This year we'll focus on sharing strategies we've learned in bringing Restorative Circles to schools across NYC. We'll be joined by Kay Pranis, a national leader in the field of restorative practices.
- Date: Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Place: Bank Street College, 610 W. 112th St., NYC
- Theme: Restorative Circles
Online registration opens well in advance of the conference. Sign up for our enewsletter and we'll keep you posted on registration and other conference news.
What have we been up to?
Find out in our new ANNUAL REPORT!
Learn about how we are helping schools across NYC find powerful, positive ways to engage students and reduce suspensions through restorative practices.
"I don't want to be the police person in the classroom," said 4Rs teacher Nydia Mendez. "I really want them to solve their own problems and become independent with that."
Morningside Center's Tom Roderick adds, "It's about teaching kids skills and giving opportunities to practice and apply them to real-life situations. ... It's problem-solving."
Photo of PS 24 students in 4Rs class by Emile Wamsteker for Education Week
Improve the climate for learning at your school
New video: Hear what students at one Brooklyn high school have to say about Restorative Circles.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
Social & Emotional Learning
- Reading Fiction Helps Make Us Human November 2, 2013
- Creating a Kind Classroom: A Lesson to Start the New School Year September 10, 2013
- Values: A Circle to Start the New School Year September 9, 2013
- 13 ways high-stakes standardized tests hurt students t.co/DDgDOhwyI2 #highstakestesting
- New high school lesson! Analyzing the War on Poverty, 50 years On t.co/y0K5nT1ekr #sschat
- RT @TEDxNYED Happy International Women's Day! Four TED-Ed Lessons that celebrate women, past and present: t.co/gnsmNTy96i #WHM