Six lessons learned from replacing punitive discipline with a community-oriented, restorative approach. See our article on Edutopia!
NY Times Magazine:
Morningside Center school featured in moving story
Reporter Susan Dominus draws a nuanced picture of the hard work of educators and students at Leadership and Public Service High School to change not only their discipline system, but students’ lives, with support from Morningside Center and our Restore360 Program. Read it here!
Do you have questions about restorative practices?
Schools across the country are beginnning to integrate restorative practices in their schools. Over the past five years, we've helped hundreds of NYC schools introduce restorative circles and related practices through our Restore360 Program. We know how powerful these approaches can be. But they’re not simple.
This fall, we’re launching a new feature on our website to address educators’ questions and challenges related to restorative practices: Ask the Keeper. In this section of our website, our senior trainer and staff developer Marieke van Woerkom rolls up her sleeves to help you and your school successfully integrate these transformative approaches.
We invite you to send us your questions and challenges at Ask the Keeper!
Morningside Center in the news:
- Edutopia runs our 6 lessons learned on restorative practices
- NY Times Magazine features a Restore360 school.
- Education Week runs our article on "Testing for Joy & Grit."
- WNYC features progress at a Restore360 school.
- Education Week details findings from cost-benefit study of The 4Rs & 5 other SEL programs.
- New York Times reports on our cutting edge coaching process.
- Education Week features our 4Rs Program.
Live, Research & Learn: WT Grant blogpost shares insights from our 26-year collaboration with researchers.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us