Morningside Center is looking for a full-time Payroll Specialist to join our business office team. This full-time, remote or in-person position is supervised by the Director of Finance and HR Director.
- Maintain personnel and payroll files for full-time, part-time, and per diem employees to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations.
- Onboarding of new employees including processing of NYC DOE, SEL, SCR, and DOH background security clearances.
- Review, approve, and process timesheets and backup documentation for semi-monthly payroll.
- Run payroll reports and share with Contracts department for reviewing.
- Collaborate with Business Department to reconcile any payroll and billing issues.
- Support the HR Director and Finance Director with pension management and other business office needs.
- File management and retention.
- Support Staff Accountant with Accounts Payable/Receivable as needed.
- Provide preparation and support for organizational, DYCD and pension audits.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of experience in payroll, human resources, or accounting in an organization with multiple funding streams.
- Knowledge and experience with ADP WFN platform.
- Excellent skills with MS Office 365.
- Integrity and credibility; able to handle confidential information discreetly and pay close attention to details; able to work collaboratively in a team, as well as individually
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are needed.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems. Morningside Center presently uses the Enterprise version of QuickBooks, BillQuick (Time Tracking Software).
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity with NYC DOE, DYCD, and DOH guidelines.
Details at a Glance
- Time commitment: Full Time Schedule
- Start date: January 24, 2022
- Application deadline: January 21, 2022
- Salary: USD $50,000 - USD $55,000 / year
- The salary for this position is $50,000-$55,000 (depending on experience).
- Location: Remote. Work may be performed anywhere in United States
This position has a generous benefits package that includes four weeks’ vacation and 100% medical and dental coverage.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2022.
Morningside Center is an equal opportunity employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.