We are thrilled to announce that Morningside Center has been selected to receive a federal Investing in Innovation (i3) grant of $3 million. Our proposal for a “Whole School Restorative Practices Project” was one of 15 selected among the 385 proposals received by the federal... Read more
Laura McClure is Morningside Center's Director of Fundraising and Communications. She is also the editor and co-founder of our website of teacher resources, TeachableMoment.Org. She has been on staff at Morningside Center since 1990.
In addition to her work at Morningside Center, Laura has written for and edited a wide range of publications.
Recent posts by Laura
To the Teacher
Many of us are reeling from events in the news over the past week. These include the police shootings of two Black men -- Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on July 5 and Philando Castile in Falcon Heights, Minnesota, on July 6 – and the... Read more
- A kindergartner in Tennessee who is Latino was told by classmates that he would be deported and trapped behind a wall. Now he asks his teacher every day, “Is the wall here yet?”
- A teenager in Washington who is... Read more
Suspensions in NYC public schools dropped 17% in the 2014-15 school year, according to the latest Department of Education data. This continues the trend of the past four years, which has seen NYC suspensions drop 36% overall.
Morningside Center has... Read more
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- What Does the Trump Administration Mean for Climate Change? January 16, 2017
- Helping Students Counter Anti-Muslim Bias January 2, 2017
- Electoral College? Or Popular Vote? December 20, 2016
Social & Emotional Learning
- Building Community, Post-Election: The Power of Kindness November 18, 2016
- Building Community, Post-Election: Sharing our Values November 18, 2016
- Election Emotions: Sharing & Community-Building November 9, 2016