October is National Bullying Awareness Month
To stop bullying, we have to enlist the help of the bystanders - that is, everyone in the school. Find out more about taking a whole-school approach to countering bullying and building community with our Pathways to Respect program.
Edutopia has advice on choosing resources to teach about bullying, plus a few examples of books and activities.
Get more ideas and resources from GLSEN.
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Events & News
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Thanksgiving: Exploring perspectives November 22, 2013
- Youth Incarceration and the Prison-Industrial Complex November 16, 2013
- Circle: BULLYING IN THE NFL November 12, 2013
Social & Emotional Learning
- Reading Fiction Helps Make Us Human November 2, 2013
- Creating a Kind Classroom: A Lesson to Start the New School Year September 10, 2013
- Values: A Circle to Start the New School Year September 9, 2013
- RT @GuardianTeach Wikipedia is launching a child-friendly site w/articles organised by school subject. t.co/JtRF2GI8aM
- Does Standardization Serve Students? Or is Common Core a Dead End? by @AnthonyCody t.co/9hX79nOzBf
- Guns in the Classroom: How—and why—I talk to my young students about complex, distressing current events t.co/WxYzKjdw3B