Jon, an 8th grader in our PAZ After-School Program at PS 214 in the Bronx, wrote this poem as part of a PAZ project leading up to Martin Luther King Day. The project included discussions about Black Lives Matter, civil rights, breaking stereotypes, and police brutality. In writing the poem, says PAZ Director Bryanna Kolja,"Jon had what he calls an eye-opening experience. He captured the very essence of the liberation of our youth’s minds."
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Sexual Harassment Charges Bring Down Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2017
- The Rise of the Alt-Right in U.S. Politics April 20, 2017
- Trump's Military Budget April 1, 2017
- NewsLatest in news, events, & announcements!
- Ask the KeeperAnswers to your questions about restorative practices in schools.
- In the CircleStaff developer Marieke van Woerkom’s blog on circles and restorative practices
- SEL TipsSEL strategies for solving classroom challenges.
- Stories and VoicesWritings from teachers, students & our staff