Two Naomis by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich and Audrey Vernick is a middle-grade novel (for ages 8-12) about two girls, both named Naomi, getting to know each other when their parents start dating. They’re both dealing with school, friends, and the big messy changes in their lives that come with being thrown together.
Blog Posts by Sara Carrero
Summer camp is in session at our PAZ after-school program at PS 214 in the Bronx. And our campers are on a mission to change the world!
When I was in college, I practically lived in the painting studio. But I didn’t keep it up after I graduated. When I tried to get back into it I discarded canvas after canvas, thinking the next project would surely be easier. After a while, I convinced myself that I had forgotten how to paint. Maybe I just wasn’t good at it anymore.
I’ve been complimented on my English about as often as I’ve been asked why I don’t speak Spanish. In high school and college I was frequently labeled “exotic.” My curly hair is mystifying to people everywhere, it seems, as I am constantly asked a stream of questions about it. Is it really just like that? How do I control it? Why don’t I straighten it?
I start each morning perusing the internet in search of articles on education. I’ll open everything that looks interesting, until the window runs out of space (as I write this I have 16 tabs open in Chrome).
If you subscribe to our monthly newsletter, you received links to about 80 articles from us this year. These are some of my favorites. If you click through you’ll see some common themes. I’m drawn to articles about how to be mindful of our personal biases, how to help students explore their interests and get them involved in decision-making, and encouraging a love of learning. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- School Services
- Classroom Lessons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
TeachableMoment Recent Classroom Lessons
- Sexual Harassment Charges Bring Down Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2017
- The Rise of the Alt-Right in U.S. Politics April 20, 2017
- Trump's Military Budget April 1, 2017
- NewsLatest in news, events, & announcements!
- Ask the KeeperAnswers to your questions about restorative practices in schools.
- In the CircleStaff developer Marieke van Woerkom’s blog on circles and restorative practices
- SEL TipsSEL strategies for solving classroom challenges.
- Stories and VoicesWritings from teachers, students & our staff